The recliners created by Ekornes Stressless have been known to promote Nirvana-like states of comfort and relaxation. Here, in the Ultimate Guide to Ekornes Stressless, we’ll show you why.
If you’re wondering what ultimate comfort feels like, this is it. Ekornes Stressless recliners are truly the most comfortable seating of all time. That’s a pretty strong claim to make, so we’re here to explain why.
We Don’t Just Make Claims…We Back Them Up
Ekornes Stressless recliners go far beyond any other recliner you’ve ever known in terms of comfort, style, and craftsmanship. But don’t take our word for it. Smart shoppers always need to know more about a product before they commit… and we totally understand.
Because let’s face it, luxury recliners like this aren’t found at the big box stores. That’s because they’re engineered with the finest precision to create the most comfortable seating on earth. Plus, superior craftsmanship and high-quality materials mean these beauties are built to last a lifetime and therefore carry a premium price. So it’s true: Ekornes Stressless isn’t for everyone.
That’s why we’re offering you this guide to understanding the Ekornes Stressless brand and their iconic reclining sofas and chairs. Welcome to Ekornes Stressless… and get ready to be transported to the most heavenly comfort zone you’ve ever experienced!
What Makes Ekornes Stressless Recliners Better Than Any Other?
That unmistakable Scandinavian style. Those surprisingly convenient features. The unmatched quality of construction. The unbelievable comfort that almost seems extravagant. What is it about Ekornes Stressless furniture that sets it above the rest?
Truth be told, it’s all of the above and more.
Ultimate Stressless Recliners Review
1. Highly-Engineered Ergonomics
Engineers who design high-end furniture know they have tough standards they have to adhere to.
Like the elite engineers who are responsible for making famous German luxury cars the best in the world, Ekornes engineers have a similar role. If they don’t do their job right, nothing else matters. From the very beginnings of the company back in 1934, when German machines were imported to create the very first line of Ekornes furniture, the brand has always signified the ultimate in quality engineering.
But what does that mean for you? Cloud-like comfort like you’ve never experienced before in any chair or sofa. Combining the latest in ergonomics research with solid principles of anatomical design to accommodate the mechanics and scale of the human body at rest, the engineers who design the foundation and structure of Ekornes furniture set the highest standards for themselves. Only the best will do, and perfection is the goal.
2. Effortless Reclining System That Responds to Your Body
The craftsmen who engineer Ekornes furniture have done their job so well they’ve created recliner chairs that adjust automatically to your body weight. Imagine shifting positions and hardly moving a muscle. Your recliner responds to the movement of your body weight and automatically adjusts to the position you desire. No levers to pull. No buttons to push. It’s like having a recliner that reads your mind.
How does it work? Each Stressless recliner comes with Stressless Glide® wheels that can be adjusted to the setting you desire. Once you’ve chosen your setting, the recliner does the rest.
First, the ErgoAdapt™ system will automatically position the seating angle the instant you sit down.
Then, the Plus® System kicks in. This is what enables your Stressless recliner to automatically position the seat to support your head and neck. It also moves into the correct lumbar position so you feel almost as if you’re floating on water. It’s why this incredible line of sofas and chairs is called “Stressless”. Using the natural form and movement of your own body, the seating system responds to provide support and comfort on a whole new level.
3. Dreamlike Comfort
Once you’re settled in, you won’t believe how comfortable Stressless recliners really are. Part of the reason is the effortless reclining system but it’s also the construction of the furniture. The craftspeople who design and produce Stressless recliners are considered innovators of comfort. Form follows function, and the function of a recliner is to make you as comfortable as you’ve ever been.
It’s not just the ergonomics. It’s not just the effortless reclining action. It’s also the trademarked Comfort Zones™ in each piece made by Stressless. The seat features perforated, super-thick foam cushions that guide you to the most comfortable position for your body. The result: you sink into perfect comfort every time you sit in your Stressless recliner.
4. Unbeatable, Timeless Style
These premium luxury recliners aren’t just heavenly to sit in… they’re exceptionally beautiful as well. The refined design of an Ekornes Stressless piece hearkens back to the company’s Scandinavian roots, where simple lines and streamlined silhouettes set the tone. It’s a clean, modern look that fits into any decor, any home, and style and any taste.
5. Premium Materials
With all that goes into creating the most comfortable chair on earth, it would be an unfortunate oversight if Ekornes used anything but the absolute best in materials for their furniture.
That’s why you’ll find nothing but gold-standard components from top to bottom:
- Top-grain leather. For many high-end products, the outermost layer of cowhide is the most desirable type of leather. Top-grain leather is supple, it holds its color, and has a uniform look that’s so important in the design of Scandinavian furniture.
- A strong base made from solid beech. One thing that really distinguishes top quality furniture is the use of solid wood in the structure of each piece. Ekornes Stressless furniture is constructed of solid beech plywood, which gives a strong, long-lasting wood frame.
- A rock-solid interior support system. The strength of a Stressless piece is made possible by a single steel rod frame. No welding and no screws on this frame: just one single steel rod that’s expertly formed to the perfect shape by the Ekornes unique cold bending process.
- Individual springs. Like a premium quality mattress at the finest hotel or in the most amazing homes, Ekornes Stressless is characterized by an internal system of individual springs. These springs are what make possible the superior lumbar support you’ll come to love.
6. Long-Lasting Value
High-quality materials are great features to have in your furniture, but how does that translate to value for you? It’s simple, really: long-term value, the kind that creates legacy pieces for new generations.
That single steel rod in every Ekornes Stressless chair or sofa is part of why these pieces last so long. The result of those premium materials like beech, top-grain leather, and steel is furniture so strong and durable. you’ll be able to hand it down for many generations. No matter how much stress you put on the frame, it will hold up and continue to provide amazing comfort.
Top grain leather also adds to the long-term value of your Ekornes furniture. It’s incredibly durable, possesses amazing elasticity, and it’s more stain-resistant than other types of leather. You’ll be able to pass your piece down to subsequent generations and it will look practically like new.
And the solid beech frame? It’s typical of high-end furniture that’s built to last for generations. It’s part of the reason why you’ll see vintage Ekornes Stressless pieces for sale on eBay at prices well over a thousand dollars!
7. Options Galore
Not only can you find seemingly endless styles to match your home decor and your taste, you can also find design options to match your body’s needs. From all the exciting options for leather to the thoughtful custom features, there are a lot of choices to make. Here’s a quick run-down to help you get started so you’re ready when you visit our showroom.
Types of Leather
- Batick Leather (13 different colors). For families who desire a touch of practicality along with style, comfort and value in their furniture, there’s Batick Leather. The protective lacquer coating means clean-up is a breeze. And if you’re just starting out, you’ll appreciate this option for its affordability.
- Cori Leather (16 different colors). Style mavens, this one’s for you! The tip-shine of Cori Leather offers a degree of depth to the surface while the substantial quality of the leather means a luxurious feel and long-lasting value. Our craftspeople have worked their magic to correct the leather and improve the pigment for a stunning look that offers an exclusive look that you’ll love. Cori Leather is always uniform in color so your decor dreams always come true. The durable pebble-like grain and the lacquer coating mean Cori Leather is not only beautiful but also practical.
- Noblesse Leather (7 different colors). If only the best will do, Noblesse Leather is Ekornes’ most luxurious option. Known for its heavy, rich qualities and its soft, breathable texture, it won’t disappoint. To retain its rich, luxurious look, it’s dyed all the way through. It has minimal top coating so it possesses a natural softness found in only the highest quality furniture around the world. As such, it requires a tad more maintenance than the other leather options… but it’s worth it!
- Paloma Leather (29 different colors). Paloma Leather is only slightly corrected leather so you get a natural variance in appearance that imparts a casual, yet luxurious style. It’s natural-looking and of course it’s oh-so-comfortable. It’s also amazingly soft to the touch so you always feel like you’re wrapped in luxury.
Types of Fabrics
Stressless fabrics are of the same superior quality as the leather. Textiles that are durable but which also offer timeless beauty are tested endlessly in the Ekornes labs to ensure strong, beautiful results. Here’s a summary of the fabric options:
- Calido. Soft, flexible wool felt that’s naturally water-repellent and breathable.
- Crocus. Affordable, durable, and strong. Made of 100% polyester that comes in a wide variety of pleasing colors.
- Iris. For a style upgrade, Iris offers a boucle effect that, like tweed, blends a range of colors into the weave for a multi-dimensional effect.
- Karma. If your decor calls for a brighter palette, the Karma fabric is a good option. It’s easy to clean and super soft.
- Silva. Another wool option, Silva is a good option if you desire a classic look.
- Umbra. Silky velour with a noticeable shine for a modern look.
- Verona. Lots of modern colors that work in any decor.
- Siena. For the ultimate in durability, Siena is resistant to almost anything you and your family can throw its way: stains, sea water, sweat… even chlorine and acid!
- Luna. Like Verona, Luna is soft and suitable for any decor since it comes in a wide array of colors.
- Dinamica. Sleek modern look due to the ultra microfibre textile. Looks like suede, feels soft to the touch, and is extremely comfortable. It’s also washable and is made with recycled fibers.
- Ultrasuede. For furniture made in our North Carolina factory, customers may choose Ultrasuede
- For the base of your recliner, choose from the Classic Base or the Signature Base
- Choose from a variety of styles for the feet of your recliner or sofa
- For furniture with visible wood, choose from eight different colors. Beech can be left in its natural, light shade or stained to accommodate any number of styles:
8. To Top it all Off: Customized Sizing
Ekornes knows people come in all shapes and sizes. That’s why they produce their recliners in three sizes. But that’s only the beginning. Stressless recliners can also be customized with two-way adjustable headrests that can be set to match the angle and the height of your body.
The best way to find your true fit is to visit our Ekorne Stressless showroom and try them all for yourself. And of course we’re here to help answer any questions so you can find the Ekornes Stressless recliner that’s perfect for you in every way.